Join the Yoga For All Movement (YFAM) and Hug it Forward:
Peace. Love. Service… and Hugs! We’re Paying it Forward for Hug it Forward
A day of yoga, art & community in nature, exploring yogic teachings on Service.
What: Envision a world without trash. Envision a world where every child has an opportunity to receive an education. Now, put those two together. Go on, do it. What do you see? If you saw more than a few hard-working people building schools out of recycled materials, than you were right.
Join us for a fun and reflective yoga experience in the beautiful redwoods raising funds for Hug It Forward, a non-profit organization in Guatemala that is ensuring every youth have an opportunity to go to school, save the planet and deepen their potential.
- Who’s who: Yoga led by Hannah Muse, art facilitation by Ilana Ingber, music by Paul Damon and in collaboration with Yoga For All Movement.
Hannah is a Santa Cruz-based yoga teacher, known for her nurturing ways of weaving ancient wisdom and transformational ritual into everyday living. With a background in social justice and environmental advocacy, Hannah is deeply committed to yoga as a path for healing not just the individual self, but awakening to our true nature and our radical interdependence, so that from that remembrance we support one another – healing ourselves and the world. Voted Best Yoga Teacher in the Santa Cruz Good Times, Hannah teaches weekly local classes including the donation-based Yoga Church, travels the world teaching retreats and teacher trainings, and mothers a glorious 9-year old daughter. HannahMuseYoga.com
Ilana received her masters in Art Education from Columbia University and has been certified to teach yoga by YogaWorks and Little Flower Yoga for children. She has taught at the Guggenheim, Santa Cruz School, and Success Academy acting as their Art Content Lead, providing professional development for 30 art teachers. For more information about Ilana’s amazing journey, visit www.happyheartstudio.com
Paul Damon is a heart warrior, talented musician and the founder and executive director of Holistic Veterans. After leaving the military in 2002, Paul ventured into his heart’s true calling- music. He has been a grammy contender as well as a renowned musician across the U.S. first with the band Kentucky Fried Texas, then as a solo artist and now with his most recent project, The Healing. Through music and other alternative healing modalities, Paul works with veterans to support their mental, emotional and spiritual health. “If we can send our warriors to kill, we have to bring them home to heal.” www.pauldamonmusic.com
- Why: Pay it Forward, a concept developed by our team at YFAM to honor another non-profit while doing we do best: giving the gift of YOGA. We will be bending, breathing and flowing together to not only support each other, our underserved communities, but youth in Guatemala having equitable access to learning. We rise by lifting others, so let’s PAY IT FORWARD together! Proceeds will support Hug It Forward’s mission in providing more sustainable learning opportunities for youth. “We dream of a world where every child has the opportunity to get an education, and to create a better life for themselves and for their families. We dream of a world without trash, where people don’t mindlessly throw things ‘away’.” For more information about Hug it Forward, please visit their website at www.hugitforward.org
- When: Saturday, May 26th, 11 – 1:30pm, with option to bring a picnic lunch and stay until 3pm to frolik in the sunshine with community! Children are welcome to come along for this yoga + art event.
- How Much: Suggested donation: $15-35 sliding scale. No one turned away for lack of funds, we believe in FRIENDraisers too!
- Where: 6 Huckleberry Island, Ben Lomond, 95005 (Google Maps address)
Drive up Highway 9, then park in parking lot next to Post Office. On pacific Street in Brookdale, walk to end of street, cross bridge, keep straight until you see a sign for Holistic Veterans.